Way of the Wicked
- At any time, someone may be nominated for outstanding roleplay or cunning by a fellow player. If the motion is seconded by another player, and approved by the DM, the nominated player is awarded a Hero Point. Hero Points can be used in all of the ways listed on the official site.
- Hero Points will also be awarded with every level up. As stated on the official rules, you may hold no more than 3 hero points at a time.After each session, player should write a short journal entry briefly stating how their player feels about each other party memeber. These should be written from the perspective of your character and in their voice. If you wish to go above and beyond, feel free to also include their current feelings on the mission, or goings on in general.
- At level 5 all classes capable of casting orisons or cantrips can cast all of them as spontaneous spells.At level 10, all casters who can cast level 1 spells can cast any non-healing level 1 spell spontaneously and without limit.Druids may decide at level 1 whether to cast their spells spontaneously or prepared. If spontaneously they follow the Sorcerer Spells Known table with those numbers doubled. They maintain the original number of spells per day.Paladins may be of Lawful Good, Neutral Good or Lawful Neutral Alignments. Lawful Neutral Paladins may choose to change the word “Evil” in their powers to the word “Chaos”Assassin’s study-death attack combination will be replaced with a paralyze-coup de grace combination.
1st level: an assassin gets a spell-like ability that paralyzes an unaware, living creature on a successful melee touch attack for (1d4 + 1/2 assassin level) rounds. This doesn’t require the classic study period, but is limited to 3 + Int uses per day.
3rd level: The Swift Death ability comes in and changes so that an assassin can make a coup de grace attack against a helpless foe as a standard action instead of a full round action.
6th level: this ability can be quickened (swift action, no AoO) 3 times per day.
9th level: The Quiet Death ability comes in and receives a -5 penalty to the Stealth check if the coup de grace is delivered with a one handed weapon and cannot be used with two handed weapons.
True Death and Angel of Death affect enemies killed by the assassin’s coup de grace attacks.
Sorcerers who are casting spontaneously will roll a d20. On a natural 1, they will suffer Wild Magic.
- A 20 is treated as a 30 for making Skill ChecksA 1 is treated as an automatic, and usually hilarious, failure.Handle Animal: 5 ranks and you can Handle your Animal Companion as a Swift Action and Push it as a Standard. With 10 ranks Handle is a free action and Push a Move Action.Heal: Mend Wounds: A character with ranks in Heal can attempt to mend the wounds of another. After applying bandages and treatment for 10 minutes the character may make a DC 15 Heal check which will restore 1 hit point to the injured creature. For every 5 points above 15 the bonus is doubled. A character can only benefit from this ability once every 24 hours.Linguistics: Spend 1 point to be able to read a language you speak. Spend 3 points to be able to speak a new language. Unless otherwise noted characters begin play being able to read and speak their home language. They are not able to read any other language, even bonus languages.Adding Class Skills: Upon obtaining 4 levels in a single class, and every 4 levels after that, a character may make one skill a class skill.The Parkour rule: If a movement is physically possible for your character to perform, you can do it with an acrobatics check. (DC chosen by GM)Secret Skill Checks: Certain rolls should be made secretly by the DM. Those include Passive Perception checks, Stealth checks, Sense Motive checks, and certain Bluff and Diplomacy checks.Unchained Skills: We will use the Unchained Skills in our game.
Weapon Focus and similar feats no longer specify a particular weapon, but a weapon group as listed below (list is not yet comprehensive):
- Short Blades: Dagger, Sickle, Short Sword, Kukri, Starknife
- Long Blades: Longsword, Rapier, Scimitar, Bastard Sword
- Great Blades: Falchion, Great Sword, Scythe, Elven Curve Blade
- Light Hammers: Light Mace, Club, Light Hammer, Sap
- Heavy Hammers: Heavy Mace, Morningstar, Warhammer, Earthbreaker, Great Club, Quarterstaff
- Chained Weapons: Flail, Whip, Spiked Chain, Heavy Flail
- Axes: Handaxe, Light Pick, Battle Axe, Heavy Pick, Great Axe, Dwarven Waraxe
- Bows: Longbow, Shortbow, Composite Bow
- Crossbows: Heavy Crossbow, Light Crossbow, Repeating Crossbow, Hand Crossbow
- Thrown Weapons: Dart, Javelin, Throwing Axe, Throwing Dagger, Throwing Hammer
- Exotic Ranged Weapons: Blowgun, Sling, Bolas, Net, Sling Staff
- Short Polearms: Shortspear, Quarterstaff, Spear, Trident, Halberd
- Long Polearms: Glaive, Guisarme, Lance, Ranseur, Longspear
- Monk Weapons: Kama, Nunchaku, Sai, Siangham, Shuriken, Quarterstaff
- Unarmed Weapons: Gauntlet, Cestus, Punching Dagger, Brass Knuckles
- Double Weapons: Orc Double Axe, Two Bladed Sword, Dwarven Urgrosh, Gnome Hooked Hammer, Dire Flail, Quarterstaff
- Natural Attacks: Bite, Claw, Gore
- A successful Craft: Books/Calligraphy or Profession: Scribe check can lower the time required to Scribe Scroll. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 it is reduced by half again.A successful Craft: Alchemy or Profession: Brewer check can lower the time required to Brew Potion. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 the time is reduced by half again.A successful Craft: Wand check can lower the time required to Create Wand. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 the time is reduced by half again.Recharge Wand: Additionally Craft: Wand can be used to Recharge a Wand. Once per day a character with this skill can concentrate for 10 minutes in order to restore a charge to a wand. They will then make a Craft: Wand check DC20. For every 5 points above 20 they are able to restore an additional charge to the Wand.A successful Craft: Jewelry check can lower the time required to Forge Ring. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 the time is reduced by half again.A successful Craft: Clothing, Leather, Shoes, Sculpture, etc. check can lower the time required to Craft Wondrous Item of an associated item. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 the time is reduced by half again.A successful Craft: Weapons/Armor check can lower the time required to Craft Arms and Armor. DC20 to reduce the time by half. For every 5 points above 20 the time is reduced by half again.Patch Up: A character may make a Craft: Armor check to restore hit points to damaged armor and shields. DC: 20 restores 1 hit point. For every 5 points above 20 the amount restored is doubled.Sharpen: A character may make a Craft: Weapons check (DC15) to double the effectiveness of a Whetstone. (Both bonus and duration)For every 4 ranks in Craft: Traps the character gains a +1 bonus to Disable Device when used against traps.Recover Trap: A character may make a Craft: Trap check (DC = Disable DC of the Trap +5) to, instead of disabling the trap, retain it for themselves. This does not apply to some traps.For every 4 ranks in Craft: Locks the character gains a +1 bonus to Disable Device when used against Locks.For every 4 ranks of Craft: Bow the character increases their effective range with a Bow by 10’.Recover Arrows: A character may make a Craft: Bow check to improve the chances of a used arrow being recoverable. DC: 20 offers a 20% chance a used arrow can be recovered. For every 5 points this % chance is increased by 10%. This includes magical ammunition.For every 4 ranks of Craft: Clothing the character gains a +1 bonus to Disguise Checks when using clothing.For every 4 ranks of a Craft skill the character gains a +1 bonus to Appraise similar items.
- Armor Speed: Light Amor: No movement penaltyArmor Speed: Medium Armor: Reduce movement speed by 5’.Armor Speed: Heavy Armor: Reduce movement speed by 10’.Carrying Capacity: You may carry up to half your strength score times 10.Carrying Capacity: Worn items count as half their weight.Carrying Capacity: If you exceed your carrying capacity you move at half speed and gain a -5 penalty to all actions. If you exceed your carrying capacity by twice its limit you move at one fourth of normal speed and gain an additional -5 penalty to all actions.Ever-full: Unless otherwise specified all Spell Components, Rations and non-magical Ammunition function as unlimited.Pearls of Power apply to spontaneous casting as wellA character may only benefit from a Wand of Cure Light Wounds once every 24 hours.Handy Haversack uses the draw sheathed weapon rules.
- Aid Another: For every 5 points over the DC10 roll you add an additional +1.Diagonals are also 5’ movement.Charge must have the last 10’ of movement straight at the foe. Prior to this 10’ the character can move as they like.The “I’ve Felt Death” rule: Fatal wounds leave scars that never fade after being resurrected. The character will also take on a “Tainted by Death” effect chosen by the DM.
- Spell Duration: Any spells with a duration may be ended by the caster of that spell with a Caster Level Check = 10 + the level of the spell.Harmless Spell Rays: All Harmless Touch spells may be cast on an ally at a distance. This distance is equal to 5’ for every 3 Class Levels. Min 0’. (Ex. At level 3 Cure Light Wounds gains a range of 5’ when cast on an ally)Out-of-Combat Item Rolls: When using healing spells or items out of combat you may, instead of rolling, take the average of the roll.Create Water becomes a Level 1 spell.
- “Boss” Creatures roll Initiative multiple times for a single combat. The number of times is equal to the number of players-2. (Min. 1)DM Discretion: Rewards: Challenge Rating, Experience for Combat, and Treasure per Encounter are definitely guidelines rather than rules.DM Discretion: Encounters: Any monster stat can be changed, with wise discretion, at will for the betterment of the encounter.5-Minute Rule: If a rule about something can’t be rattled off or located within 5 minutes on the SRD or via the google, the DM makes something up. If the players agree, it stands. An answer to the rule in question is then searched for between sessions. If nothing is found, the original ruling stands.The Leadership feat is allowed, but only the cohort will come adventuring, and the cohort is the player’s responsibility to build and work with the DM on how he/she/it is acquired. The rest of the followers either don’t exist, or now represent an organization which the player will have to dedicate time, thought, and in-game resources toward. The organization does MUCH better if the cohort is left behind to tend it in the player’s stead when quests happen. The parameters of this organization are up to the player, pending DM approval.